Ukraine came back from a 2-0 deficit to defeat Poland on home ice in Donetsk and to earn promotion to next year's Division I Group B.
Hungary defended its bronze medal and finished in third place in the Division I for the third consecutive time after edging Japan 1-0.
Kazakhstan takes first place at the 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A after winning the deciding game against Italy 3-0. The Kazakhs will join Italy, which had won all four previous games, to the 2014 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in Minsk, Belarus.
Korea was just promoted to the second tier of ice hockey one year ago. This year they managed to stay there and sent Great Britain down to the Division I Group B with a 4-1 win in a battle for fifth place.
With the fourth win in the fourth game, 2-1 against Hungary, Italy secured a berth among the top-two teams at this tournament and consequently the promotion to the 2014 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in Minsk, Belarus.
Japan avenged for the defeat on home ice in the Olympic Pre-Qualification five months ago and beat Great Britain 4-1 to maintain in the Division I Group A for next year.
The Kazakhs reacted after their first-ever loss to Hungary and some loud words from coach Vladimir Krikunov. They didn't underestimate Korea again and defeated their opponent 4-2.
With anger in their guts from the loss against Korea the Hungarian men's national team caused a historic upset itself by defeating Kazakhstan for the first time in the sixth encounter between the two teams, 2-1.
For a long time Great Britain seemed to be a hard nut to crack but eventually Italy defeated the British 5-1 thanks to three unanswered goals in the third period.
Japan defeated Korea 6-5 in an offensive-minded summit of the two teams from the Far East at the 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A.
Korea won its first ever game against Hungary 5-4. Kisung Kim scored the game-winning goal in the shootout. The Hungarians gave up a 4-1 lead they had earned after two periods.
After defeating Japan the Kazakhs also downed Great Britain, 5-0, on day two of the competition thanks to an efficient offence and a 36-save shutout from Vitali Kolesnik.
After blanking Korea 4-0, top-seeded Italy got another challenger from the Far East with Japan. The blue team controlled the game and won 4-1.
In the expectedly closest game of the opening day host Hungary avenged for the loss one year ago in Ljubljana and defeated Great Britain 4-2.
In a clash between recently promoted Korea and top-seeded Italy the Azzurri left no doubt about their role as favourites and won the game 4-0.
The 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A opened with Kazakhstan's 5-2 win over Japan in an all-Asian opening on Sunday afternoon.
- Košice vnímajú Ligu majstrov pozitívne aj napriek finančnej strate
- Profiliga má problém s kokaínom, počet hráčov užívajúcich drogu rastie
- Duda pre faul prišiel o 100.000 korún a o kapitánsku funkciu
- Zacha sa v prvom tíme New Jersey neudržal, putuje k juniorom
- New Jersey vyradí číslo Martina Brodeura
- Potvrdia Michalovce zisk skalpu lídra triumfom nad obhajcom prvenstva?
- Washington v úvode sezóny bez Bäckströma
- Filo Sikelu nepreklína, s odstupom času hovorí o šťastí v nešťastí
- Thomas Raffl mieri do zámoria, bude hrať za Winnipeg
- Postupová šanca žila, Švédi však postavili slovenského majstra pred neúprosné zrkadlo
- Chára sa zapojil do tréningu, jeho štart proti Winnipegu je otázny
- Fotogaléria zo zápasu CHL: AIK Skelleftea - HC Košice
- Litvínov i Liberec postúpili v Lige majstrov do osemfinále
- Košičania po vypadnutí: Nemusíme sa hanbiť, no chceli sme postup
To najlepšie z F1.sk
To najlepšie z Profutbal.sk
To najlepšie z auto.sk
To najlepšie z mobil.sk
Aktuálne zápasy na MS-20 Rusko
|3.január 2013, štvrtok|
|4.január 2013, piatok|
|O 5. miesto||14:00||CZE||-||SUI||4:3|
|5.január 2013, sobota|
|O 3.miesto||10:00||CAN||-||RUS||5:6 pp|